... About How We Worship
Each church has its own style of worship and we think you’ll enjoy our services at Christ Alone. We combine words, music and prayer in praise to the Lord. Our worship services focus on readings from God’s Word - the Bible. We combine ancient worship formats, or liturgies, with modern words and both traditional and modern music. Such a “blended” style of worship harmonizes the traditional and the modern to highlight the best of each. We truly hope you will enjoy both as we worship our gracious Lord together!
Our worship services usually include the following parts, in a variety of forms or arrangements:
- The InvocationWe call on the name of our Savior Lord as we praise him with song.
- Admitting Sins and Receiving ForgivenessWe acknowledge that we have not been or done what God asks. Then we are assured of forgiveness in Jesus.
- Bible ReadingsWe read selections from God’s Old Testament prophets, Jesus’ apostles, and from Jesus himself. Our pastor also gives a brief explanation of each reading.
- SermonOur pastor offers instruction and encouragement in a Bible-based sermon for children and adults alike. Young or old, you can expect God’s guidance and grace through his Word for dealing with life’s problems, as well as the promise of eternal life in heaven through our only Savior Jesus.
- Response to the WordWe respond with offerings and prayers for the things he has promised to us and for strength to do what he has asked.
- Parting blessingBefore we return home for the week, we hear one last assurance of the Lord’s gracious care.